Friday, April 23, 2010

Pin Cushion Love!

Hurrah! Hurrah! It has arrived! A lovely Apple Pin Cushion from my super sweet swap partner Pam. THANK YOU! See them all here.

It was so fun to unwrap! One layer came off to reveal this...


Then THIS!!! An apple box, wahoo!


And look inside! There are buttons, a thimble and a seam ripper. PERFECT. The little apple is so soft and comes with pins AND its own tag for the swap. How good is that. I love it.






I honestly couldn't have wished for a nicer pin cushion! Pam did such a great job choosing what to make :) She has a super blog too so be sure to head over there and check it out. A big thank you to Kate at Fox's Lane for organising this pin cushion swap, I've loved giving and receiving (Ruth did a nice little write up on my pin cushion here. So glad it went to a good home!)

On a side note, I also got a new book in the mail! It is Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts and it ROCKS. There are a bunch of projects to do but the best thing about it is that it has easy to understand instructions for EVERY basic thing you might need to know when sewing. There's info on quilting, putting a zipper on, embroidery, breakdowns of fabrics, threads, etc. All the things you might be a bit embarrassed to ask someone how to do, they're all there!


Yay for Martha (even if she did spend time in jail)!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely pics you've taken Briony! You make the pinkeep look fabulous! lol.
    I'm so relieved you like it and thank you so very much for those lovely words.
    The Martha book looks and sounds very interesting. She does have a lot of great projects and ideas I have to say. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little cushion! I want one, too!!! ;)
    maybe I'll have to give your Pam some business.
    Glad your man is home finally, Sis. Maybe next April you guys can come Over and all 3 Brothers will run the Nashville race together...I'm begining the petition now...xoxoxo your loving~ E

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You're leaving a comment :)